Re: [Orgmode] how difficultwould it be to support zotero in org?

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] how difficultwould it be to support zotero in org?
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2010 11:09:54 +0200

On 9/3/10 10:55 PM, Matt Price wrote:
export Zotero to slightly tweaked
    <http://github.com/commonman/zotero-bibtex-sb> BibTeX, and insert
    with RefTeX's amazingly cool reference-insertion interface
    (another genius piece of work by Carsten).

i'm getting nearly convinced to go this route.  May I ask, do you use
reftex from within org?  I'm not quite sure on how that would wok (but
also I'm not that familiar w/ the latex parts of the documentation...).

Hi,

You need to add a few lines to .emacs to make RefTex work with Org, described here:

http://www.mfasold.net/blog/2009/02/using-emacs-org-mode-to-draft-papers/

(scroll down to "References")

Raw latex citations like \cite{Smith2010} work fine.

If you want a more elaborate and Org-like way of doing it, here is one way of doing it with custom link types:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/2406/match=bibliography

I'm experimenting with some refinements, will post them here eventually.

Yours,
Christian