Re: [Orgmode] Confused about mobileorg setup

From: Richard Moreland
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Confused about mobileorg setup
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 09:09:44 -0400

Hi Ning,

You are right that the documentation is a bit confusing there.  The
Org-mode docs describe the right way for you to proceed: define the
files you'd like to have transferred in org-agenda-files or
org-mobile-files.  This tells org-mobile-push which files to copy from
your local Org directory to Dropbox.

You should also be able to do:

(setq org-mobile-files (quote ("~/org")))

to have all .org files in a directory added to the list.

The MobileOrg docs are explaining that MobileOrg will only download
files referenced by another file.  In most cases this is useless
information, because if you list them all in org-mobile-files, they
will all be linked to from index.org and therefore all synced from
Dropbox to your phone.  I am working on some updated that I hope will
make it more clear.

Hope this helps,
Richard