[Orgmode] Bug? org.el:org-open-at-point

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: [Orgmode] Bug? org.el:org-open-at-point
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2010 19:28:53 +0200

It seems like news: links are always sent to the browser and this
definition is hiding a later invocation of GNUS:

---------------
         ((member type '("http" "https" "ftp" "news"))
          (browse-url (concat type ":" (org-link-escape
                                        path org-link-escape-chars-browser))))
         ;;;
         ;;; some more lines
         ;;;
         ((string= type "news")
          (require 'org-gnus)
          (org-gnus-follow-link path))

Additionally, if I take out "news" from the first bit of code and follow
a news: link, the code that supposedly opens news links in GNUS doesn't
seem to work on my system (gmane is a foreign server in GNUS here, but
that doesn't seem to be the reason).

Achim.