[Orgmode] Re: task juggler export

From: Christian Egli
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: task juggler export
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 11:39:47 +0200

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> However, org-taskjuggler seems to use the global value regardless.

Hm, org-taskjuggler doesn't do anything magic here. It just takes the
value of org-export-taskjuggler-default-project-duration.

> Is there something I need to do to get it to pay attention to my file
> local variable value? A pointer to a relevant section in the emacs
> lisp manual would suffice

I just looked at the help string for defcustom (C-h f defcustom) where
it says:

> If symbol has a local binding, then this form affects the local
> binding. This is normally not what you want. Thus, if you need to load
> a file defining variables with this form, or with `defvar' or
> `defconst', you should always load that file _outside_ any bindings
> for these variables. (`defvar' and `defconst' behave similarly in this
> respect.)

So if I understand this correctly it appears that defcustom is
overwriting your file variable. I don't understand however how you could
make your file variable work.

Maybe the variable org-export-taskjuggler-default-project-duration needs
to be buffer-local. How does this interact with defcustom?

Thanks
Christian

--
Christian Egli