[Orgmode] Re: Org now fontifies code blocks

From: Richard Riley
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Org now fontifies code blocks
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 20:49:13 +0200

Dan Davison <address@hidden> writes:

> Richard Riley <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

>>> [...]
>>>
>>> This is brilliant!  Works very well on my notebook (with small code
>>> blocks as that's all I tend to have).  Many thanks!
>>
>> Without wanting to rock the boat I think its safer to have this disabled
>> by default. I cant tell you how many times I thought I was in the LISP
>> buffer and ended up making a mess since this enhancement was added.
>
> Hi Richard,
>
> I'm not quite clear what problems are arising from Org buffer
> edits. Could you expand?

Nothing particularly harsh but I find myself reaching for elisp hot keys
and expecting indentation etc to work. It's no big deal and as I said I
can config it to revert to the old behaviour. Probably best to forget my
suggestion of leaving the default as no fontification ;)

--
☘ http://www.shamrockirishbar.com, http://www.richardriley.net

"Learning French is trivial: the word for horse is 'cheval' and
 everything follows thusly."