Re: [Orgmode] Why :ID: properties?

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Why :ID: properties?
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 20:42:20 +0200

On 07/09/10 16:40, Bastien wrote:
> Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On 07/09/10 16:16, Erik Iverson wrote:
>>> Did you recently start using MobileOrg?
>>
>> No - I only inserted a link, and around that time the :ID:s appeared. I
>> deleted them all manually, but they came back.
>
> I suspect you need this:
>
> (set org-link-to-org-use-id nil)

That sounds like the most likely solution - thanks.

Now I just have to find an easy way to delete all the :PROPERTIES blocks.

Cheers,

Rainer

> See the variable docstring:
>
> ,----[ org-link-to-org-use-id is a variable defined in `org.el'. ]
> | Its value is create-if-interactive-and-no-custom-id
> |
> | Documentation:
> | Non-nil means storing a link to an Org file will use entry IDs.
> |
> | Note that before this variable is even considered, org-id must be loaded,
> | so please customize `org-modules' and turn it on.
> |
> | The variable can have the following values:
> |
> | t     Create an ID if needed to make a link to the current entry.
> |
> | create-if-interactive
> |       If `org-store-link' is called directly (interactively, as a user
> |       command), do create an ID to support the link.  But when doing the
> |       job for remember, only use the ID if it already exists.  The
> |       purpose of this setting is to avoid proliferation of unwanted
> |       IDs, just because you happen to be in an Org file when you
> |       call `org-remember' that automatically and preemptively
> |       creates a link.  If you do want to get an ID link in a remember
> |       template to an entry not having an ID, create it first by
> |       explicitly creating a link to it, using `C-c C-l' first.
> |
> | create-if-interactive-and-no-custom-id
> |       Like create-if-interactive, but do not create an ID if there is
> |       a CUSTOM_ID property defined in the entry.  This is the default.
> |
> | use-existing
> |       Use existing ID, do not create one.
> |
> | nil   Never use an ID to make a link, instead link using a text search for
> |       the headline text.
> `----

- --
2010-07-28 12:01:00,545 INFO  [main] davmail  - DavMail Gateway
3.6.6-1032 listening on SMTP port 1025 POP port 1110 IMAP port 1143
CALDAV port 1080 LDAP port 1389
2010-07-28 12:03:47,463 INFO  [main] davmail  - DavMail Gateway
3.6.6-1032 listening on SMTP port 1025 POP port 1110 IMAP port 1143
CALDAV port 1080 LDAP port 1389
2010-07-28 12:03:48,089 DEBUG [CheckRelease] davmail.DavGateway  -
DavMail released version: 3.6.6-1032