[Orgmode] Re: Automatically move completed TODO items and checkboxes to

From: Michael Hoffman
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Automatically move completed TODO items and checkboxes to another file
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 11:58:35 -0700

Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
Hello,
Michael Hoffman writes:

I've also tried regex-searching for something like "^ - \[ \]" ->
"*** TODO" but it's not foolproof since the number of leading spaces
doesn't always have something to do with the level of the previous
header.

It looks like you're looking for `org-list-make-subtree' (C-c C-*) and
then replacing [CBON] with DONE and [CBOFF] with TODO.

If it's something else, could you explain it with an example?

Try this:

** TODO x
  - [ ] x1
  - [ ] x2
    - [ ] x2.1

Set the region to the checkbox lines, then do C-c C-*. The result is:

** TODO x
*** [ ] x1
*** [ ] x2
*** [ ] x2.1

If you set a macro to do each line individually and move down, you instead get:

** TODO x

I would regard the correct conversion to be:

** TODO x

I'm using Emacs 23.1.3 and org-mode 6.21b.