Re: [Orgmode] not exporting TODOs but exporting their subordinates

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] not exporting TODOs but exporting their subordinates
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 09:23:51 -0500

Someone might be able to give you a workaround, but the way org-mode works as far as I can see is that export rules always apply to the children of a higher-level headline. As such, the subitems of the non-exported TODO are taken to be notes or things related to the TODO, and since you don't want the TODO exported it would seem that you don't want the items related to the TODO exported either.

Maybe if you explain a situation where you'd not want the actual TODO exported but still want items under it exported, someone could help you with a workaround or alternative suggestion?

John