Re: [Orgmode] HOWTO?: make install contrib

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] HOWTO?: make install contrib
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 09:17:27 -0500

I don't install it (contrib) but just have this in .emacs:

-------
;; set load dirs and global config options
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp/site-lisp/")
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp/org.git/contrib/lisp/")
-------

That way any miscellaneous .el files I want get put in ~/.elisp/site-lisp and contrib is linked to directly by my .emacs. Would this work for you or is there a certain advantage to "installing" to the actual tree (e.g. /usr/share/emacs...)?

Hope that helps?

John