[Orgmode] [WISH] ELPA repo for org-mode?

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: [Orgmode] [WISH] ELPA repo for org-mode?
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 08:51:46 +0530

I think ELPA repository for orgmode-only packages (hosted where else but
on worg) could be quite useful. The idea came up in emacs-devel [1].

There has been a lot of enthusiasm surrounding org+google-weather. It
only shows how useful certain packages could be. My concern is they
shouldn't be lost in mailing list or blog posts or get hidden deep in a
emacswiki page ...

I wonder whether elpa packages are permitted to contain data files
(non-elisp files). Let's say, one is interested in exploring R or
haskell through babel or just interested in basic babel recipes, then it
would be more faster and importantly very effective if one could simply
connect to org's elpa and download the language-specific startupkits
[2].

I have found very good emacs packages through elpa which I would have
never found through emacswiki ... and I have been an emacs-user since
before emacswiki became quite prominent.

An enthusiastic emacs/orgmode user,
Jambunathan K.

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/129833

[2] Startupkits need not be just limited to literate programming
examples. It could even be sample agenda files that an entry-level user
could download, walk through and play with.