[Orgmode] IP locator

From: Indraneel Majumdar
Subject: [Orgmode] IP locator
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 09:49:36 +0530

 Hi all,
Is there any way of putting in location information automatically, eg. in a Diary or Journal entry? I was thinking of some sort of IP location based service (some web based ones are free, or even google). Or, a connected cellphone with GPS is also a possibility.

I can see how the iphone app will benefit (although I don't have one (yet)). Not sure how quick the processors in phones are these days, but coupled with a barcode scanning .el it might be a handy thing to carry around (eg. "buy mama bear's oldstyle honey from shop near bridge below highway 9" can be done in one point and click.)

Indraneel