Re: [Orgmode] IP locator

From: Erik Iverson
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] IP locator
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 23:43:33 -0500

There was a little discussion of this earlier this summer:

On 09/09/2010 11:19 PM, Indraneel Majumdar wrote:
Hi all,
Is there any way of putting in location information automatically, eg.
in a Diary or Journal entry? I was thinking of some sort of IP location
based service (some web based ones are free, or even google). Or, a
connected cellphone with GPS is also a possibility.

I can see how the iphone app will benefit (although I don't have one
(yet)). Not sure how quick the processors in phones are these days, but
coupled with a barcode scanning .el it might be a handy thing to carry
around (eg. "buy mama bear's oldstyle honey from shop near bridge below
highway 9" can be done in one point and click.)

Indraneel