[Orgmode] Re: Proposed New Syntax For Calling Code Blocks was

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Proposed New Syntax For Calling Code Blocks was
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 02:42:22 +0530

Eric

I have typed enough. You or the Mailing list wouldn't get any more
unsolicited mails from me on this little idea of mine.

Some concluding remarks.

As I see it, the crux of my articles is in highlighting the unique and
(much needed role) that Babel could play or plays within the org
ecosystem.

In my view (which could be incomplete, flawed or warped),

1. Babel is predominantly a macro environment for 'mashing up of'
   textual content within an orgmode document.

2. The syntax/grammar of Babel macro calls should not deviate
   significantly from existing Orgmode syntax and more specifically it
   shouldn't invent new syntax (so that parsing becomes spaghettish).

3. The noweb/literate programming face of Babel may not be of much
   interest to 'compositional' demands of Orgmode users and
   vice-versa. i.e, One predominantly writes articles or does literate
   programming. Not both simultaneously. Text mashups are interesting
   for set of first set of users and noweb expansion to the second set.

Just sharing my thoughts ... More of what my mental model of Babel is

Jambunathan K.