[Orgmode] Re: Repeating tasks on specific days of the week

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Repeating tasks on specific days of the week
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 14:13:29 -0400

Jeff Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi everyone!
>
> I was wondering how to create repeating tasks for, say, Tuesday and
> Thursday at noon. I found this on stack overflow: http://cl.ly/2K8c
>
> Is that really the best answer? Can this not be accomplished with
> symbolic expressions?
>
> Seems like a great feature for academics and students. Surely, I'm
> ignorant, and someone has a better solution than creating multiple
> repeating tasks?

AFAIK, one cannot use complex symbolic expressions with repeating tasks;
the moment a headline with such an expression is marked done, it is
removed from the agenda. The only solution, at the moment, is to create
different entries for each desired day of the week:

* Tuesday task
  SCHEDULED: <2010-09-14 Tue +1w>

* Thursday task
  SCHEDULED: <2010-09-16 Thu +1w>