[Orgmode] Re: omitting done TODOs from custom agenda

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: omitting done TODOs from custom agenda
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 14:42:11 -0400

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm having a bit of confusion: I've created my own TODO sequences with
> org-todo-keywords, in this case (sequence "CONTACT(n)" "REPLY(r)" "|"
> "CONTACTED(e@)"). Then I've got a custom agenda defined using
> org-agenda-custom-commands, where there's a weekly view on top and some
> TODO items below. When I start this agenda view, and mark one of the
> TODO items as CONTACTED, it doesn't disappear from the agenda view. It's
> very clearly marked as done in the original org file, but it stays in
> agenda. I've looked at all the extra variables for a custom agenda
> command, and there doesn't seem to be one that say "don't show completed
> items".

A simple question: Are you refreshing the agenda after marking the item
done (i.e., CONTACTED)? Similarly, do the inactive items (i.e.,
CONTACTED) remain when you invoke the agenda view the again.

Inactive todos do not disappear from the agenda until it is refreshed
(r).

> These items are part of a tag-todo statment, where the selecting regexp
> is a tag, not a particular todo keyword, so I wouldn't think I've done
> anything to force it to display these todo keywords.

Would you mind sharing your custom agenda command?

Best,
Matt