Re: [Orgmode] Org-Mode API?

From: Olivier Schwander
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-Mode API?
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 18:21:34 +0200

Le 15 Sep 2010 17:24, [AvataR] a écrit:
> I want to write simple desktop widget for my todo list in org. I can parse
> output of org-agenda, but this way sucks. Is there any clear way to enumerate
> all events in file/buffer/whatelse with their properties (like todo
> state, deadline etc)?

I am not sure a separate parser really sucks. It would allow to work
completely independently of Emacs, without depending on various hooks to
guaranty synchronization between org files and you program data.

I am currently writing a Python library for parsing org-file. The main
goal is to build a kind of mobile-org for N900 and Maemo but it's
designed to be enough generic for web applications or desktop
applications.

Currently, it only supports rebuilding the tree of an org file. There is
no release but a public Darcs repository is available at:

http://chadok.info/darcs/orgpy/

Cheers,

Olivier