[Orgmode] Re: Bug: org-auto-repeat-maybe only updates first timestamp [7

From: Andrew J. Korty
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Bug: org-auto-repeat-maybe only updates first timestamp [7.01trans]
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 08:48:38 -0400

Matt Lundin <address@hidden> wrote:

* TODO Review really important document
  DEADLINE: <2010-10-31 Sun -2m>
* TODO Review less important document
  DEADLINE: <2010-10-31 Sun>

Let's assume the following settings:

(setq org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines 'far
      org-deadline-warning-days 14)

With these settings, the first task would show up *today* both in your
agenda and in your TODO list, while the second task would appear in both
places two weeks before the deadline.

Right, but what I want is for the second task to appear in the todo list even before two weeks before the deadline, and I don't want it to appear in the agenda until two weeks before the deadline. In other words, I always want to see tasks I can do now in my todo lists, whereas I only want to see tasks that are due soon in the agenda. Lengthening the lead time won't help because it unnecessarily shows tasks in the agenda that aren't due soon.

But maybe my usage is not an intended one.

ajk