[Orgmode] Re: Bug: org-auto-repeat-maybe only updates first timestamp [7

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Bug: org-auto-repeat-maybe only updates first timestamp [7.01trans]
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 14:47:02 -0400

"Andrew J. Korty" <address@hidden> writes:

> Matt Lundin <address@hidden> wrote:

>> * TODO Review really important document
>>   DEADLINE: <2010-10-31 Sun -2m>
>> * TODO Review less important document
>>   DEADLINE: <2010-10-31 Sun>
>>
>> Let's assume the following settings:

>> (setq org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines 'far
>>       org-deadline-warning-days 14)
>>
>> With these settings, the first task would show up *today* both in your
>> agenda and in your TODO list, while the second task would appear in both
>> places two weeks before the deadline.
>
> Right, but what I want is for the second task to appear in the todo
> list even before two weeks before the deadline, and I don't want it to
> appear in the agenda until two weeks before the deadline. In other
> words, I always want to see tasks I can do now in my todo lists,
> whereas I only want to see tasks that are due soon in the agenda.
> Lengthening the lead time won't help because it unnecessarily shows
> tasks in the agenda that aren't due soon.
>
> But maybe my usage is not an intended one.

Oops. I misunderstood your request.

What you are describing is org-mode's default behavior---i.e., to show
all todos with deadlines in the todo list, but only to show deadlines in
the agenda when they are within org-deadline-warning days.

To ensure this behavior, you'll want to make sure that
org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines is set to nil (the default). All todos
with deadlines will then appear in your todo list.

Best,
Matt