Re: [Orgmode] Problem when previewing latex fragments

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Problem when previewing latex fragments
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 22:07:54 -0400

Darlan Cavalcante Moreira <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Sebastian,
>
> Make only tells me that there is nothing to be done.  All I do (since a
> long time) is calling "git pull" to get the latest changes and then make to
> compile everything. It worked before (the preview and everything else) and
> only lately I realized that the preview didn't work, unless I run
> org-reload before.
>
> I tried to checkout a fresh copy from the repo and run only make autoloads,
> but the problem remains, which is strange if I'm the only one with this
> problem.
>
> --
> Darlan
>

> At Thu, 16 Sep 2010 21:38:58 +0200,
> Sebastian Rose <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > Darlan Cavalcante Moreira <address@hidden> writes:
> > > Hello list,
> > >
> > > When I run org-preview-latex-fragment (C-c C-x C-l) I get the error
> > > ,----
> > > ! org-create-formula-image: Symbol's function definition is void:
> > > ! org-export-latex-fix-inputenc
> > > `----
> > >
> > > However, I run org-reload it works (until I close my gtd.org file and open
> > > it again). I'm running the latest version of org and the variable
> > > org-export-with-LaTeX-fragments is set to nil (but as I understand it is
> > > only used for exporting and not for previewing).
> > >
> > > To test if this is due to some configuration, I run emacs with the -q
> > > option and executed in the scratch buffer only the code below to load the
> > > new version
> > >
> > > (progn (cd "~/Org-mode-dev/") (normal-top-level-add-subdirs-to-load-path))
> > > (org-reload)
> > > Then I oppened my gtd.org file and tryed C-c C-x C-l, but I got the same
> > > error.
> > >
> > > Does anyone else has this problem?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Darlan
> > >
> > > ps: Emacs version is 23.1.50.1 (emacs-snapshot in Ubuntu 10.04)
> >

> > make autoloads
> >

> > ???

org-preview-latex-fragment is in org.el and
org-export-latex-fix-inputenc is in org-latex.el, so that sounds like a
require is missing somewhere (just guessing, mind you: I haven't even
looked at the code, let alone tried anything.)

Maybe adding a (require 'org-latex) at the beginning of
org-preview-latex-fragment helps?

HTH,
Nick