Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-babel - utility to ease chopping src chunks into s

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-babel - utility to ease chopping src chunks into smaller org entries
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 08:30:18 -0600

Richard Riley <address@hidden> writes:

> "Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi Richard,

>>> using your lang selection example
>>>
>>> If not in a source block then just surround current region with
>>> #+begin/end_src. If no region just put in markers around empty
>>> area. Dont create new org items since probably just including src code
>>> in an existing org item.
>>>
>>> If in a source block with region create new region with current
>>> region. If no region just create new empty block. previous src blocks
>>> delimited and marked as org items at current level (because almost
>>> certainly splitting the code to maintain it in discreate titled blocks.
>>>

>> I was just pulling up my email to share my next iteration when I saw
>> your next iteration.  They look very similar.  If my version covers all
>> of your use cases, then I'd like to add it to the Babel key map,
>> probably under "d" for demarcate or delimit, unless you can think of a
>> better mnemonic.

I've just added this to the org-mode repo.

> Not in the babel key map - in the org key map (I use it most in normal
> non src org entries to mark a block of elisp as src for samples/examples).

For now it still lives in the babel keymap behind (C-c C-v d) since it
is fundamentally code-block related, however it can be called from
anywhere in an org-mode file, and could of course be bound to any other
key sequence in a personal config.

> But,yes I suspect your code is better ;) Note my func works in two
> fundamentally different ways - in a babel src block where it creates
> new org items and also in normal (non src) modes where it just creates
> a src block.

I believe both of those use cases are supported by the current version
of the function.

Thanks -- Eric