Re: [Orgmode] Org capture with predefined entries from a list?

From: Miguel Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org capture with predefined entries from a list?
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 05:26:57 +0000 (GMT)

--- El mié, 22/9/10, Bastien <address@hidden> escribió:

> De: Bastien <address@hidden>
> Asunto: Re: [Orgmode] Org capture with predefined entries from a list?
> Para: "Miguel Ruiz" <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
> Fecha: miércoles, 22 de septiembre, 2010 01:00
> Hi Miguel,
>
> Miguel Ruiz <address@hidden>
> writes:
>
> > 1. In any buffer: M-x org-capture
> > 2. Appears a menu saying "Select a capture template".
> Of course, two options [t] and [j], and [C] Customize
> org-capture-templates and [q] Abort.
> > 3. I press [t] and get a "capture buffer" with "*
> TODO" inserted, ready to accept my entry
> > 4. Appears another menu saying "Select task type or
> whatever": several options: [1] Task1 [2] Task2 [3] Task3
> > 5. I press [1] and  "capture buffer" updates with
> "* TODO Task1" inserted, ready to accept more info
> > 6. Ideally appears another menu saying "Select comment
> or whatever": several options: [1] Comment1 [2] Comment2 [3]
> Comment3 ...
> > 7. I press [1] and  "capture buffer" updates with
> "* TODO Task1 Comment1" inserted, ready to accept more info
> > 8. Ideally steps 6 and 7 would be repeated (well, no
> more than 4 or 5 times)
> > 4. C-c C-c finish and save the entry in ~/org/gtd.org
>
> Do you really want capturing a task to be such a heavy
> task?!

Actually, yes, I want, because steps 4, 6 and 8 contain long lists hard to
remember, and I want to guarantee exactly the inserted strings are one of the
included in the lists.

In the original post, I said that I could manage with 2-3 keybindings that
show, each, a list to choose and insert the entry, but I am not sure how to do
it.

> You should explore using multiple keys for the capture
> template
> definition -- see the manual:

Do you mean I should generate all the combinations and assign a template to
each one? Can you provide any kind of minimal example?