[Orgmode] Re: [Bug] Level 2 text not exported in LaTeX (well in HTML) +

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [Bug] Level 2 text not exported in LaTeX (well in HTML) + some comments
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 22:21:08 +0200

Hi Carsten and Nicolas,

Carsten Dominik wrote:

>>> So you are saying, if I understand you correctly, that you cannot
>>> have something like this:
>>
>>> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
>>> 1. some text
>>>   - a nested list
>>>   - with two items
>>>   some more text for the first numbered item
>>>   - another nested list - with two items
>>> 2. the second outer list item
>>> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>>
>> Exactly.
>>
>>> If so, why not? This would seem to be quite a likely and useful
>>> scenario.
>>
>> It would require a slightly different model with an added depth of
>> complexity. To tell the truth, I had looked into this, but hadn't
>> found a satisfying (clean) solution.
>
> One clean solution I can think of is to allow terminating a list with
> a special item, like
>
>    - one
>      - a
>      - b
>      - @<       (this means sublist ends here)
>
> One could also have - @<< to mean closing two levels.
>
> This would allow stable indentation control.

And, in the case that such a construct would not be used, I wouldn't mind
having to manually indent the paragraph where I want to place it, as long as
the indentation is used to decide to what the text must be attached to.

(thinking at backward-compatibility solution)

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban