Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org-mode screencasts

From: Richard Moreland
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org-mode screencasts
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 23:34:00 -0400

Erik, thanks for the reminder about folding.  I had it in my script and must've
lost it in one of the edits.  I do prefer making these on the Mac.  It makes
piecing them together much easier.  Recordmydesktop on Linux will do single
takes fine, but stitching it together in the end may be a chore.  Maybe you
guys are good enough to do it all in one take though :)

John, you raise good points about what we can expect of the viewer.  I'm open
to suggestions, in fact maybe a 'Just enough Emacs for Org-mode' intro could
help newcomers to Emacs who are here just for Org-mode (like I was a year ago).
 Some of these issues could also be addressed on the episode's webpage, which
would link to relevant docs and info.

As far as some of the missing keystrokes, I was trying to find a balance
between showing every keystroke (and risk confusing the user), or just show
only the keys with modifiers (my 2 options in the tool, unfortunately).

I've updated the screencast (same URL) to contain a small bit about folding.

Thanks for the comments, I hope we can refine this and make a plan for more as
well.

-Richard