Re: [Orgmode] table, moving cells

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] table, moving cells
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 18:24:34 -0400

Charles C. Berry <address@hidden> wrote:

> > is there a quick way for moving a cell about in a table? I enjoy
> > swapping the order of rows and columns in a table using Meta +
> > [arrow], but I have not found a ways of doing the same for a single
> > cell. Is it possible?
> >
> > Example, with the cursor on '2' in the following table
> >
> > |  A | B | C |
> > |  1 | 2 | 3 |
> > |  x | y | z |
> >

> Try
>
>       M-t

[This is probably obvious, but just in case...]

M-t transposes words: it doesn't know anything about table cells, so it
won't work for anything more complicated than the sample table (e.g. if
there are spaces in the cell element). You also have to be careful to
position the cursor at the right place for it to work, even in the
simple case: you can't just click in a cell and go.

Nick