[Orgmode] Re: geolocated notes

From: Łukasz Stelmach
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: geolocated notes
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 10:04:02 +0200

> On Sep 27, 2010, at 1:15 PM, Łukasz Stelmach wrote:
>
>> I've just created a hack to for org-mode (and org-remember) to
>> receive and parse URLs from OpenStreetMap and Google Maps. The
>> function extracts longitude and latitude and sets GEO property of the
>> node to geo: URI.
[...]
> Nice!

There are few things to do: accept `geo:' URIs[1] simply putting them in
the GEO property without any modification, some sanity and error checks
too. I am going to work on this for myself[2] but I will follow this thread
waiting for any suggestions too.

What I would like to achieve is a "geospatial aware todo list" that
enables one to choose todos along or near a route between two selected
points, so one can visit them when traveling. Probably there will be a
link to the Google Maps on the bootom of such a list to visualise such a
list.

[1] http://geouri.org/
[2] I'll create org-geo branch in http://github.com/steelman/org-mode

--