[Orgmode] Re: Compiling multiple times the LaTeX output

From: Noorul Islam K M
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Compiling multiple times the LaTeX output
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 20:47:56 +0530

Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I've been taught of a weird observation: the page number indicated in the TOC
> of a PDFLaTeX output is wrong by one page...
>
> I've re-exported my Org document. Same observation. So, it was not a problem
> during export or so.
>
> Taking the `.tex' file, and running `pdflatex' on it shows me twice this
> message:
>
> LaTeX Warning: Label(s) may have changed. Rerun to get cross-references right.
>
> After the 3rd compilation, everything is right in the PDF.
>
> Is it possible, somehow, that Org does not run `pdflatex' enough times??

Quoting from source code

(defcustom org-latex-to-pdf-process
  '("pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f"
    "pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f")
  "Commands to process a LaTeX file to a PDF file.
This is a list of strings, each of them will be given to the shell
as a command.  %f in the command will be replaced by the full file name,
%b
by the file base name (i.e. without extension) and %o by the base
directory
of the file.
The reason why this is a list is that it usually takes several runs of
pdflatex, maybe mixed with a call to bibtex.  Org does not have a clever
mechanism to detect which of these commands have to be run to get to a
stable
result, and it also does not do any error checking.

Alternatively, this may be a Lisp function that does the processing, so
you
could use this to apply the machinery of AUCTeX or the Emacs LaTeX mode.
This function should accept the file name as its single argument."

Thanks and Regards
Noorul