Re: [Orgmode] Title for capture template

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Title for capture template
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 13:15:49 +0200

On Sep 30, 2010, at 12:58 PM, Sébastien Vauban wrote:

Hello,

I capture a lot of stuff with that template:

("No" "Org" entry
(file+headline "~/Public/Notes-on-Org.txt" "Notes")
"* %^{Title}
  :PROPERTIES:
  :Created: %U
  :END:

%i

From %a"
:empty-lines 1)

What I don't understand is that, sometimes, I can reuse (with the up arrow, in the echo area) the title of the previous capture, sometimes not. Even when I
capture two articles *with the same template* at a couple of minutes
interval...

Unluckily, I still have no clue on how to reproduce this.

I believe you can reuse after the second time you are
using the template in an Emacs session, but not after the first.
Seems like the history variable I am using needs to be
initialized first - I just pushed the fix for this.

Note that the history is prompt specific.  So all templates that
use a "%^{Title}" prompt will access the same
history.

HTH

- Carsten