[Orgmode] Re: Projects+Next Actions view

From: Łukasz Stelmach
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Projects+Next Actions view
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 12:15:24 +0200

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 6:56 PM, Matt Lundin <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Another thing that I like about Things
>>> (http://culturedcode.com/things/) is the "Next Actions" view. It
>>> basically lists all projects plus the very first next action for each
>>> of them. When you need some perspective, having quick access to a view
>>> like this is very useful.

>>> It also shows any "orphan" tasks (tasks that don't belong to a
>>> project), so you have a nice overview of what you can do based on
>>> your own input.

Remember, you can set CATEGORY property which is displayed in the
leftmost column of an agenda view. I set it in projects.org file so I
don't have to use :PROJECT: tag.

>> You could use a sparse tree view:
>>
>> (add-to-list 'org-agenda-custom-commands
>>             '("x" "PROJECT+N/A" tags-tree "PROJECT|TODO=\"TODO\""
>>               ((org-show-siblings nil)
>>                (org-show-entry-below nil))))
>
> However, this seems to show all the TODO items below a PROJECT item,
> including the DONE ones. What I had in mind was to show only the first
> child. Is it possible?

So use the ORDERED property, or properly nest action and enforce todo
dependencies <info:(org)TODO dependencies>. Actions that cannot be taken
right know because they depend on other actions will be displayed in
grey font on an agenda. If, however, they are featured this way there
probably is a way to hide them completely.

--
Miłego dnia,
Łukasz Stelmach