Re: [Orgmode] Re: Quoting formula "cookies" in table?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Quoting formula "cookies" in table?
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 19:24:49 +0200

On Oct 5, 2010, at 7:10 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:

[...]
The best way to deal with this is:

* Table Test

|-------------+------|
| unrelated 1 | ~>=~ |
| Test1       | ~=~  |
[...]

Ah, thank you -- I've settled for *bold* instead since that is a bit
more pleasing in the HTML output.  Now that I export the file to HTML
nobody gets to see the org file anymore, so while it looks a bit clumsy
in the source I can live with that.

It would still be nice if there was a way to quote without changing the
output or to just disable the formula mechanism entirely for a table,
but I recognize that these things are very deeply embedded into the
table code and not so easy to change...

Don't forget that this is Org-mode, so pretty much everything can be changed.

:-)

    (setq org-table-formula-evaluate-inline nil)

might do this - I am not completely sure....

- Carsten