Re: [Orgmode] [beamer] export a long source block as in several frames

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [beamer] export a long source block as in several frames
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 16:12:35 +0100

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 18:37:50 +0800, zwz <address@hidden> wrote:

> Now I am preparing a presentation using the beamer feature supported by
> org-mode.
>
> When exporting, I want some long source code (more than one frame can
> contain) to be arranged in several frames rather than partially
> invisible.
>
> I know there's once a discussion on the support of the frame option
> allowframebreaks, but I am thinking "would it be good to add the option
> by default when exporting for the frame that contains some source code?"

Can I suggest that, as it is so easy to add an option to an individual
frame [1], that it's better for this to be under direct user control?
I don't want framebreaks unless I've asked for them.  In any case, it
would be difficult to ascertain, from the org text directly, whether
the code is actually going to be part of the slide.  E.g. I use a lot
of babel in my slides and, more often than not, I don't export the
code, just the results.

cheers,
eric

Footnotes:
[1]   key sequence "C-c C-x p envarg TAB [allowframebreaks] RET"
which you could obviously add to a single keystroke, via fset say

--
Eric S Fraga
GnuPG: 8F5C 279D 3907 E14A 5C29  570D C891 93D8 FFFC F67D