[Orgmode] TaskJuggler 3, revisited

From: John Hendy
Subject: [Orgmode] TaskJuggler 3, revisited
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 20:24:31 -0500

Hi,

I'm coming up on some serious need for a project manager. I really only need gantt chart creation at this point. I strongly dislike the Qt interface and the need to use that if one wants to get a gantt chart output from the process. I would much prefer being able to design my html charts, print them as PDFs or take screenshots and embed them in presentations, send them to others, etc. (as per tj3).

- is there any progress on an exporter for tj3?

- does anyone have a vague sketch of what needs to happen?

- can I do grunt work for someone to make this happen?
--- scan files for particular variables?
--- run test code, put together all the errors, and send back?
--- something else?

I'm happy to help... I just don't have the programming skills to do the "real work" that needs to happen.

Thanks for any input,
John