Re: [Orgmode] full production use of org-mode: time to say thanks again!

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] full production use of org-mode: time to say thanks again!
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 10:04:15 +0200

Hi,

On Oct 11, 2010, at 8:34 AM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

Hello,

Could you try the following patch and tell me if it fixes your issue?

A quick test shows that things seem to work well in inlinetasks which are properly ended with an END line.

There is also a dirty form of inline tasks which allows
only a planning line (SCHEDULED etc) and one or several
drawers directly after the task line, and then no
END line is necessary.  But I guess it is fair
to force the END line if you do want to have
proper indentation.

Eric Fraga, have you tested the patch yet?  Please do
so when you wake up from your two-week sleep, so that
we can check this in.

Thanks Nicolas!

I am seeing now two things that should be added:

  - M-RET after inline tasks should ignore the inline task
    and make a new entry with normal indentation
  - Maybe I should treat inline tasks with proper END
    statement as a drawer and fold it?  Comments?

As a side note (to maintainers), the second patch isn't really needed,
but I thought, while I was at it, that it would make sense
(`org-inlinetask-min-level' doesn't need to be a boolean).

Hmmm, what happens is a user has customized this variable and it has a value nil. I guess then your patch will break things?

So I think we need to keep testing the value in the code, but it is OK to change the customize type.

Regards,

-- Nicolas

<0001-Fix-indentation-of-text-after-an-inline-task.patch><0002- inlinetask-Make-org-inlinetask-min-level-an-integer-.patch>

- Carsten