Re: [Orgmode] full production use of org-mode: time to say thanks again!

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] full production use of org-mode: time to say thanks again!
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 10:01:53 +0200

On Oct 10, 2010, at 7:56 PM, Eric S Fraga wrote:

On Sat, 9 Oct 2010 17:26:43 +0200, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden > wrote:
On Oct 9, 2010, at 12:46 PM, Eric S Fraga wrote:

[...]

As an aside, I also had to prepare a new set of lecture slides for a
course I teach.  I used org, of course, with beamer support.  Again,
everything worked well. What was particularly nice this time was that this particular course requires showing Octave code and the outputs of such code. Babel, in combination with the listings latex package, is
an ideal tool for this!  My slides look (in my obviously biased
opinion) incredibly professional.

Can you publish the slides?  I'd like to take a look!
Maybe even with the source?

I can't as such (some copyright material) but I can give an
illustration of the type of slide (attached) that babel now allows me
to do every so easily!  From a pedagogical point of view, having code
which runs and automatically creates the content to be presented is
fantastic.  No errors in transcription etc.

Thanks, this looks really good. I am wondering if I can recruit you to add such an example including the required babel setup to your BEAMER tutorial?

- Carsten