[Orgmode] Re: UPDATE schedule/deadline and ido-mode conflict

From: Antoine Levitt
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: UPDATE schedule/deadline and ido-mode conflict
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 10:57:48 +0200

14/05/10 13:33, Carsten Dominik
> On May 14, 2010, at 10:27 AM, David Lee wrote:

>>> Hi, Nick, the error is not consistent, and I cannot always capture
>>> it.
>>> Is it related to the variable org-ans1?
>>>
>>> From my local buffer (I am *not* very sure whether the value is
>>> before
>>> the error, since sometimes C-h v affect the error conditions and make
>>> ido-switch-buffer work, I will try to investigate the error when I
>>> can
>>> reproduce it):
>>>
>>> ;;;
>>> post-command-hook is a variable defined in `C source code'.
>>> Its value is
>>> (linum-update-current t flyspell-post-command-hook)
>>>
>>> Local in buffer emacs.org; global value is
>>> (global-font-lock-mode-check-buffers
>>> global-auto-composition-mode-check-buffers
>>> global-linum-mode-check-buffers cua--post-command-handler)
>>>

>>> - David
>>
>> I tried DEADLINE today. The steps are:
>> 1. C-c C-d to add DEADLINE, choose date from calendar.
>
> How exactly do you choose it?  Keyboard,mouse? List the exact key/
> envents, please
>
> - Carsten

Hi,

I get the same bug when selecting a date by mouse. It seems that
org-read-date-display is added to post-command-hook and never
deleted. The code responsible for this seems to be:

            (unwind-protect
                (progn
                  (use-local-map map)
                  (add-hook 'post-command-hook 'org-read-date-display)
                  (setq org-ans0 (read-string prompt default-input
                                              'org-read-date-history nil))
                  ;; org-ans0: from prompt
                  ;; org-ans1: from mouse click
                  ;; org-ans2: from calendar motion
                  (setq ans (concat org-ans0 " " (or org-ans1 org-ans2))))
              (remove-hook 'post-command-hook 'org-read-date-display)

After the bug happens, every command causes the error (void-variable
org-ans1). post-command-hook looks like:

post-command-hook is a variable defined in `C source code'.
Its value is nil
Local in buffer *followup to Carsten Dominik on gmane.emacs.orgmode*;
global value is

(global-font-lock-mode-check-buffers
global-highlight-parentheses-mode-check-buffers
autopair-global-mode-check-buffers org-read-date-display)

(it is locally set to nil by emacs after an error is triggered, see the
help page of post-command-hook)