[Orgmode] Re: [BUG] define "just", preamble and postamble placement

From: Łukasz Stelmach
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [BUG] define "just", preamble and postamble placement
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 12:07:25 +0200

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> Łukasz Stelmach <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>> |-----------+-----|
>> | Preamble        |
>> |-----------+-----|
>> |           |     |
>> | Content   | TOC |
>> |           |     |
>> |-----------+-----|
>> | Postamble       |
>> |-----------+-----|
>>
>> I'd like to have a layout like the above one, with (pre|post)ambles of
>> full width (or at least as wide a the content + TOC). With the present
>> layout preamble and postamble are siblings to TOC and the text and I
>> can't get the desired layout.

[...]
> If you are willing to write some CSS, I think it's quite possible to get
> the layout you want (but you may need to add e.g. ids to various
> elements in the HTML - I haven't looked at the HTML that org produces in
> any detail to see what it puts in and what it leaves out).  In
> particular, I don't think that the parent/sibling structure of the DOM
> tree limits you in any way as far as the layout goes: the <div
> id="content"> just gives you a different containing block element; if it
> wasn't there, the <body> element would be the containing block element -
> but does that really make much difference? And if the preamble/postamble
> were outside the div, the tree structure would be different but so what?
> Minor adjustments in the CSS would take care of it, I should think.
>
> But as I said, I'm no expert and I may very well be mistaken.

But it looks you're right. It seems like it's easier to tweak the CSS
than the HTML structure, while still getting the same visual results. At
least as far as such simple layouts as Ordinaire[1] are concerned.

[1] http://www.freecsstemplates.org/preview/ordinaire/

--
Miłego dnia,
Łukasz Stelmach