[Orgmode] paralyzing bug: orgmode typeface gibberish

From: Michael Gilbert
Subject: [Orgmode] paralyzing bug: orgmode typeface gibberish
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 16:59:53 -0700

Hi —

My setup: Aquamacs 2.1 (Emacs 23), Orgmode 7.01h. This came about a few minutes
ago, after a routine reboot.

When set to org-mode, my buffers now display some gibberish typeface that I
don't recognize (forgive the attachment):

PNG image

Same buffer, when flipped to text-mode:

PNG image

I am totally lost as to how to approach this. And, after a year of entwining
myself deeper and deeper into org-mode, I am dead in the water. Maybe I will go
take a walk. I understand there is an Outside World to visit.

Anyway, any thoughts?

— Michael