[Orgmode] Re: [Babel] Small problem with tangling

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [Babel] Small problem with tangling
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 09:37:21 +0200

Hi Eric,

"Eric Schulte" wrote:
>> [...] empty first line that's always inserted at the beginning of the file.
>> What should I do to get rid of that first *empty* line?
>
> The following inhibits the insertion of blank lines on tangling.
>
>   (setq org-babel-tangle-pad-newline nil)

Of course, that does work as expected. Thanks for the tip.

Another side-question about a little annoyance: when having just one src block
to tangle in a big file, and when tangling it, Org(-Babel?) does first add IDs
everywhere in my file, one for every section.

Could we get rid of that?  I don't even understand why one would be needed,
though I could easily "accept" (;-)) to see an ID created in the sections
containing elements to tangle.

Best regards,
  Seb

--