Re: [Orgmode] org-insert-heading and inline tasks

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-insert-heading and inline tasks
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 08:48:24 +0200

On Oct 14, 2010, at 8:11 PM, Matt Lundin wrote:

Hi Carsten,

The following commit changes the behavior of org-insert-heading within
the context of inline tasks:

19d695ef8fd27ac1b1ef1b675c3960b9b7d6abdc

I find that new headlines are no longer inserted at the same depth as
inline tasks. A quick skim of the diff suggests that this is the
intended behavior. While I understand that one would not normally want a
new headline to derive its depth from an inline task further up in the
subtree, I often enter a few inline tasks at the same depth in quick
succession, e.g., when creating a mini project-hierarchy from a single
inline task.

Take the following example:

* My big writing project

Blah blah blah blah blah blah.

*************** PROJECT Add some variety to the above
**************** TODO Look up synonyms for blah

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

If I hit M-RET at the beginning of the second TODO headline, I get the
following:

*

**************** TODO Look up synonyms for blah

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Would it be possible to respect the depth of an inline task if one calls org-insert-headline directly on the headline? Normally, if I call M- RET
from an inline-task headline, I intend to insert another task at the
same depth. This is especially true if I'd like to add an END headline
to an inline task.

Okay, fair anough, it now works like this.

- Carsten