Re: [Orgmode] Babel for blogging

From: Olivier Schwander
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Babel for blogging
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 19:17:40 +0200

Le 16 Oct 2010 00:13, Pere Quintana Seguí a écrit:
> Al 15/10/10 22:32, En/na Eric Schulte ha escrit:
> > this approach might be less appropriate for RSS, mainly because code
> > block output is most easily contained in an Org-mode file, and then
> > exported along with the rest of the file.  RSS files require special
> > headers and footers and can not be embedded in a standard html file, you
> > may be better off looking for an external tool to handle the generation
> > of RSS content.
>
> Thanks. I think I'll try to create a python script that takes the dates
> of the html files in a folder and takes the title from the first line of
> each .org file and then creates the RSS. It might work.

There is already org-atom, which is able to generate Atom feeds from an
org-file :
<http://ictsoc.de/code/org-atom.html>. I use it extensively for a little
blog-like static website.

It's only for Atom, not for RSS, but I am not sure there is a point to
focus on some particular format.

Cheers,

Olivier