Re: [Orgmode] Re: TaskJuggler 3, revisited

From: Christian Egli
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: TaskJuggler 3, revisited
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 11:29:42 +0200

Hi Anthony

Anthony Lander <address@hidden> writes:

> Please find attached a somewhat improved version of your TJ2 exporter,
> a drop-in replacement that exports to TJ3, and also a sample .org
> file.

This is all exciting stuff. It's a little hard to digest (many changes
rolled into one, white space formatting changes that make it hard to find
the real change, common lisp idioms which I'm not familiar with). Let me
get back to you with some questions and then we can discuss how to most
easily merge the stuff.

- Why did you compute the leafiness? I seem to have experienced that tj3
  has a problem with zero effort tasks that aren't marked as milestones.
  Is that the reason?

- Why do you add a duration of 1d if the task has neither a duration, an
  end, a period nor an effort? Shouldn't that be a milestone instead?

- I see that there is a need to annotate a project with stuff such as
  scenarios, etc and I was missing a way to have file specific reports
  or other globals. Your additional tags solve that problem. However I'm
  a bit reluctant to add more magic tags that mark the trees in some
  way. I was hoping to find a more general way for this problem. So far
  I haven't found a good solution though.

- I like the idea of the TJ drawer, but in the end you just seem to use
  it for the project node and the globals node. So in essence they are
  taskjuggler source code blocks (in disguise) which are tied to a
  particular node. In fact they are not even really tied to a particular
  node, especially in the case of the globals. This goes back to the
  previous question about a good way to add file specific globals. Maybe
  some kind taskjuggler specific export option is really what we are
  looking for.

As an aside, I think it's better to post the source code to the list.
There might be other people interested in it and pitching in with
opinions and improvements.

Thanks
--
Christian Egli