Re: [Orgmode] Unable to export babel results

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Unable to export babel results
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 12:37:50 -0700

Hi Eric and Nick,

On Tuesday 19 October 2010 11:24 AM, Nick Dokos wrote:
Eric Schulte<address@hidden>  wrote:

  It might be worth installing outside of the emacs directory
and following the following instructions for activation

http://orgmode.org/guide/Installation.html#Installation

I think this way avoids most of the problems: it allows one to customize
load-path and be *sure* that the correct org-version gets loaded and it
does eliminate the problem above.

I tried this,

(add-to-list 'load-path (expand-file-name "~/build/org-mode/lisp"))
(add-to-list 'load-path (expand-file-name "~/build/org-mode/contrib"))
(require 'org-install)

(org-babel-do-load-languages
 'org-babel-load-languages
 '((ditaa . t)
   (emacs-lisp . t)
   (gnuplot . t)
   (python . t)
   (sh . t)))

After this `org-version' returns "Org-mode version 7.01trans (release_7.01h.753.g5cdf)". However on opening the test org file and exporting to pdf I get a backtrace (attached). If I quit the backtrace and try to export again, I get a well formatted pdf as we would expect.

If I check the "*gnuplot*" buffer after the backtrace, I see none of the src block commands have been run. Where as after quiting the backtrace and re-exporting the file shows all the src block commands in the "*gnuplot*" buffer.

I have noticed this behaviour before. When I try to evaluate the src block after I have started emacs, it fails the first time giving me a "*gnuplot*" buffer with no commands. On repeated evaluations, it works as expected.

Do you think this is because of an incorrectly installed `gnuplot-mode'? Or could this be a problem with babel?

Nick

Thank you all of you for taking the time to look at the issue. I 'll switch to using org this way.

--
Suvayu