Re: [Orgmode] A few questions about how you write e-mails

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] A few questions about how you write e-mails
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 14:10:26 -0600

Jeff Horn <address@hidden> writes:

[...]
> Secondly, and somewhat related to the first, are orgsters simply using
> gnus with message-mode hook to utilize org footnotes? I've noticed I
> can style/face the text with a message-mode hook, but I'm wondering
> how everyone deals, in general, with plain text footnotes in e-mail?

For footnotes I use footnote-mode [1], which is not related to Org-mode
except possibly as an ancestor or inspiration.  It is included in recent
versions of Emacs.

> Do you even use footnotes for sharing links?

Normally, especially for very long links.

> Lastly, are any orgsters using gnus+gmail? I've tried just reading org
> list mails in gnus, but I find switching back and forth to be jarring
> if I read org list e-mails in a browser throughout the day, since I
> end up re-reading a lot of mails. Also, mind sharing how you've mapped
> the cumbersome "B m [Gmail]/Trash" to a better key? If anyone feels
> inspired, I'd use a package that utilized gmail movement shortcuts in
> gnus (so mark with x, move out of inbox with e, or move to trash (as
> above) with #).

Stop using the gmail web interface and do everything through gnus.  At
least that's what works for me :)

Best -- Eric

> Thanks for taking the time to respond!
>
> Best wishes,
> Jeff

Footnotes:
[1]  footnote-mode
footnote-mode is an interactive compiled Lisp function in
`footnote.el'.

(footnote-mode &optional ARG)

Toggle footnote minor mode.
This minor mode provides footnote support for `message-mode'.  To get
started, play around with the following keys:
key             binding
---             -------

C-c             Prefix Command

C-c !           Prefix Command

C-c ! a         Footnote-add-footnote
C-c ! b         Footnote-back-to-message
C-c ! c         Footnote-cycle-style
C-c ! d         Footnote-delete-footnote
C-c ! g         Footnote-goto-footnote
C-c ! r         Footnote-renumber-footnotes
C-c ! s         Footnote-set-style

[back]