Re: [Orgmode] indent + showstars

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] indent + showstars
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 09:01:22 +0200

On Oct 20, 2010, at 1:56 PM, address@hidden wrote:

Hi,

I'm just starting with org-mode and so far I like it very much. I have a question though:

I like the indented view, but I also like that the number of stars gives me a quick visual indication of the level I'm in. So I tried setting

#+STARTUP: indent
#+STARTUP: showstars

in order to get the following look

* level 1
 ** level 2
   *** level 3
     **** level 4

However, that does not seem to work. What am I doing wrong?

org-indent-mode forces hiding stars. But of course that can be customized.

in an Org buffer, select from the menu Org->Customize->Browse Org Group

Click plus to open the Group "Org Indent"

And see if there is an option you like.

Cheers

- Carsten

Cheers,