RE [Orgmode] Re: Issues with org-mode and LaTeX export.

From: gerald . jean
Subject: RE [Orgmode] Re: Issues with org-mode and LaTeX export.
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 12:56:19 -0400

Hello,

first thanks Tassilo for your reply, it did help somehow but there is still
things I don't understand, see below.

address@hidden a écrit sur 2010/10/21
11:03:48 :

> address@hidden writes:
>
> Hi Gerald,
>
> > 1.- Following advice in the org manual I added the following lines to
my
> > .emacs.
> >
> > (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org\\'" . org-mode))
> > (global-set-key "\C-cl" 'org-store-link)
> > (global-set-key "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)
> > (global-set-key "\C-cb" 'org-iswitchb)
> > (setq org-log-done t)
> >
> > when I open a *.org file, org-mode is turned on OK.  But none of the
> > "org-export-latex-*" variables are defined at this point?
>
> That's because at that point org is not loaded, but only registered at
> the autoloading facility.  As soon as you invoke one of them (e.g. with
> a keybinding) org is loaded, and then the missing variables will be
> defined as well.
>
> But a variable doesn't need to be defvared before setting them, so you
> can simply add
>
>   (setq org-export-latex-foobar "some nice setting")
>
> to your emacs file although that variable isn't known at that time.
> When org is loaded your values won't be overridden.
>
> > 2.- Now, I want to use different packages, for example
> >
> > \usepackage[latin9]{inputenc}
> > \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
>
> I think the those should be added automatically, and the encoding is
> determined by the org file's encoding.
>
> > \usepackage[english, francais]{babel}
> >
> > I posted about this yesterday and I got the following reply from Thomas
S.
> > Dye, thanks Thomas,
>
> I didn't read that, but...
>
> > Perhaps the org-export-latex-classes variable is mis-configured.  IIUC,
the
> > [EXTRA] macro needs to be present:
>
> ... I don't think that variable is the right thing here.
>
> > Unfortunaetly this is not enough details for my little knowledge of
> > elisp!  Could someone provide me with a clear example of what needs to
> > go in the .emacs file for packages with options and correspondingly
> > what needs to go in the org file for that example.
>
> I think this should do what you want, e.g. enable babel with english and
> francais options:

> (setq org-export-latex-packages-alist
>       '(("english, francais" "babel" nil)))
>
> > Does the .emacs file needs to be modified every time one wants to add
> > a new package?
>
> If you want a new package in every exported document, add an entry of
> form (OPTIONS PACKAGE nil) to the list above.

That works, thanks, but when do you use "#+LATEX_HEADER:" then?  I thought
that if I wanted a package just for this one org file that it was the way
to specify it, sure doesn't work for me?

I also looked at the manual to selectively export a part of the org file.
They talk about the "org-export-select-tags" and "org-export-exclude-tags";
these variables don't even exist?  They never explain how to create them
and how to set them?  They never explain neither how and where to set the
tags once the variables are set?

Any light here?  Thanks again,

Gérald