Re: [Orgmode] org-crypt and org-mobile-crypt; user info?

From: Darlan Cavalcante Moreira
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-crypt and org-mobile-crypt; user info?
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 17:05:01 -0300

I'm new to org-crypt, but I was able to make it work last week. First, I
created a PGP key using seahorse (not required, but make thinks easier).

Then I put the code below in my .emacs file
(require 'org-crypt)
(org-crypt-use-before-save-magic) ; Encrypts everything with the crypt tag
                                  ; when the buffer is saved
(setq org-tags-exclude-from-inheritance (quote ("crypt")))
(setq org-crypt-key "XXXXXXXX")
where the XXXXXXXX is the ID of my PGP key in seahorse. With this all
headings with the tag crypt will be encrypted when the file is saved.

If I want to see the content I run the command org-decrypt-entry (or
org-decrypt-entries to decrypt all headings in the file). When I save the
file again everything will be encrypted.

I'm only asked for the password of my PGP key when I want to decrypt a
heading. If you do don't want to create a PGP key then I think you will
need to set a property in the heading with the crypt key and org will ask
you for a password to encrypt the heading.

--
Darlan