[Orgmode] Re: A few questions about how you write e-mails

From: Matthias Danzl
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: A few questions about how you write e-mails
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 14:27:53 +0200

On 10/21/2010 10:10 AM, suvayu ali wrote:
> On 20 October 2010 20:40, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Given the mangling that mailers do to replies (e.g. the idiotic default
>> top posting of Thunderbird and its ilk), how they handle signatures, and
>> the non-standard nature of signatures themselves, I'd say this is pretty
>> much hopeless.
>
> After our discussion yesterday, I did some research. Didn't find
> anything +ve. I am considering switching to mutt. :)

Hello!!

I didn't read the entire thread on this, but I like to add that Thunderbird
can be customized in where and how it posts the original message in replies
(Account Settings -> Composition). AND it has support for an external
editor [0]. I'm using Thunderbird 3 + emacs. You even can use a single
Profile
cross-platform!

However, thanks for boxquote.el, it's pretty nice!

[0] http://globs.org/articles.php?pg=2&lng=en Download and install "External
Editor" and set it to launch a simple emacsclient