[Orgmode] Re: Unbillable clock time

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Unbillable clock time
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 18:30:14 -0400

Ross Patterson <address@hidden> writes:

> I would like to be able to designate some of my clock time as unbillable
> such that when using a clockreport the unbillable time is not included.
> I would also like to compare billable and unbillable time if possible.
>
> Currently I either manually change "CLOCK: *" to "UNBILLABLE: *"
> preserving history but it's kind of messy or I just delete the time
> altogether, losing history.
>
> Is there a better way to accomplish this?  If not, may I request this
> feature.  :-) Many time-keeping systems have a "billable" flag for
> entries.

Hi Ross,

I just clock everything.  You can make a level 1 heading of * Billable
and * Non-Billable and create tasks under that to clock.

Then your clock reports will show summaries and the
Billable/Non-Billable stuff should be obvious.

Alternatively you can keep separate project files for Billable and
non-Billable.  I've used both approaches in the past.

HTH,
Bernt