Re: [Orgmode] [org-babel] Using the power of ESS inside an R source code

From: Bernd Weiss
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [org-babel] Using the power of ESS inside an R source code block
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 06:12:03 -0400

Am 24.10.2010 05:44, schrieb Bernd Weiss:
Dear all,

Yesterday, I spent some time (re-)discovering the power of org-babel
and R. Everything works well but there is one issue that I find
somewhat annoying (I apologise if this word is too rude). As a
long-time ESS user I wish that I could use things like ESS syntax
highlighting, indentation or some keybindings (e.g. for "<-") inside
an R source code block. However, with respect to an e-mail from Eric
Schulte

(or this one:
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/ess-help/2009-September/005544.html )

this seems to be a feature wich is hard to realise inside org-babel.
Is this (still) correct? Or is it a problem with my
installation/initialisation of org-mode/org-babel?[1]

Ok, one workaround are indirect buffers, right? This blog post is really helpful (see "A note about syntax highlighting in Emacs")

http://blogisticreflections.wordpress.com/2010/05/23/introduction-to-using-r-with-org-babel-part-1/

Bernd