Re: [Orgmode] bug? - can't set effort from agenda

From: Noorul Islam
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] bug? - can't set effort from agenda
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 23:51:03 +0530

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 9:56 PM, George Pearson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Running org 7.01h and emacs 23.2.1 on windows XP.
>
> Typing "e" on a task in the daily agenda goes through the steps of
> setting the effort, but the change is NOT made in the original org
> buffer.  This fails whether or not an effort had already been set
> for the task.
>
> Using C-c C-x e in the original org buffer DOES work.
>
> Not sure when this started, as I haven't played with efforts for
> some months now.

For me this works. In Agenda Buffer I typed 'e' and then entered
select 2:00 hours and the original task entry got the following lines
added.

  :PROPERTIES:
  :Effort:   2:00
  :END:

I have

Org-mode version 7.01trans (release_7.01h.841.gd5360)
GNU Emacs 23.2.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
 of 2010-06-08 on sajida

Thanks and Regards
Noorul