Re: [Orgmode] proposal for enhanced org-get-priority function

From: George Pearson
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] proposal for enhanced org-get-priority function
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 16:05:25 -0400

At Wed, 20 Oct 2010 13:14:39 -0400,
I.S. wrote:

> are supported with +/-<number> being optional and modifying the
> letter priority. The letter priority is multiplied by 100000 and
> then the number priority is added on. Thus a priority string of
> [#B]+5 is higher than [#B] which is higher than [#B]-2 and all are
> lower than [#A].

> The number sub-priorities allow finer control of sorting in org
> agendas.

This *could* help with what I would like to see.  Every day I would
like to arrange my agenda tasks for the day in the order that I would
like to do them.  (Setting fake times-of-day for each is somewhat
time consuming; I am now experimenting with an A-Z priority range.
The real-world priority of my tasks is basically all the same, so
I thought I could commandeer the priority setting to get sequencing.)

If easy to set, the sub-priority could be helpful in my sequencing
goal.